Piaggio Group has set an action plan differentiated by business and geographical area.
The Piaggio Group aims to create value by adopting a strategy which:
- consolidates its leadership position on the European two-wheeler market and on the Indian light commercial vehicles market;
- increases its presence on international markets, with particular reference to the Asian area;
- Increase in the operating efficiency of all company processes, with a focus on industrial productivity.
Lever market recovery, consolidating a leadership position in the scooter segment. Focus on the Aprilia and Moto Guzzi brands to improve sales and profitability in the motorcycle segment. Entry on the electrical bicycle market, levering technological and design leadership, as well as the strength of the distribution network.
America Two-Wheeler segment
Continuing growth, with the introduction of the premium products Aprilia and Moto Guzzi and consolidating the sales network.
Europe Commercial Vehicles
Maintaining growth based on eco-sustainable solutions, with a product range featuring new engines with zero or low environmental impact and lower emissions
Consolidating the position on the scooter market with the expansion of the Vespa range and the introduction of new models in the premium segment (scooters and motorcycles).
Increase in volumes and profitability, through the consolidation of a strong competitive position on the three-wheeler market thanks to the Apè city Pax, the introduction of the new four-wheeler products, the sub 0.5 stroke and sub 1 stroke and a focus on the export of three-wheeler vehicles to Africa and Latin America, reversing the negative effects of the demonetisation affecting the Indian economy from November 2016 onwards.
The objective is to continue to expand sales throughout the area (Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Taiwan), exploring opportunities for medium and large engine motorcycles, penetrating the premium segment on the Chinese market thanks to a new, direct presence in the country.
The Group will aim to consolidate its business position by levering and investing in the potential of its key assets:
- distinctive brands, recognised worldwide;
- an extensive sales network on reference market;
- competency in research and development, focussed on innovation, safety and the environment;
- a strong international presence, with local operations for all core company processes, from marketing to research and development, production and purchasing.